Click on the links below for fun Bible games.
Children’s Monthly Mission
TWEEN Program for 5th and 6th graders
1st and 3rd Wednesdays, in the Spain House. Bring your favorite snack to share.
Peace and Love,
Confirmation Class of 2017
First United Methodist Church Children’s Ministry’s mission is to help our children grow in their faith in God by providing adult, youth, and peer examples of faith, which will be gained through experiences with the Bible, stories, love, understanding, respect, guidance, and service to others.
We are a Safe Sanctuary, which means we, as a congregation, provide a safe place where children, youth and elders may experience the abiding love of God and fellowship within the community of faith.
- Children are encouraged to participate in worship with their families. The children are called to the front to share with the pastoral staff during the “Children’s Moment”.
- Child care is provided for infants through age 3. Parents are asked to leave a contact number for the nursery to contact in the case of an emergency. The rooms are separated by Infants, Walkers and Talkers.
- Quiet Bags are located in the Narthex (main entrance to sanctuary) for all children. Please return to stands at the conclusion of the service. The Quiet Bags are restocked on occasion as the seasons change.
- Monthly Missions are monthly opportunities of service and/or giving for the children’s Sunday School classes.
Child Care is provided for most services. Children are included in church-wide events.
- Acolytes are 4th, 5th, & 6th graders who assist in the worship services. They are Candle Bearers and Cross Bearers. Training is offered several times a year. Call the office at 615-444-3315 for more information.
- Confirmation classes are offered for 6th graders who wish to reconfirm their faith and expand their church community. These classes help to bring the members further on their spiritual journey while teaching some of the history and experience of the church. The confirmands are invited to attend a retreat at Lake Junaluska and complete service hours paying it forward.
- Promotion Sunday The children begin the Sunday School year with their new classes and teachers on Promotion Sunday.
- Prayer for the new school year and backpack blessings.
Year Round Fun
- Fall Festival is a family friendly event to enjoy the changing of seasons with games, hayrides, trunk and treat, a not-so-haunted trail with music and storytelling. The Fall Festival is the Sunday before October 31, 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
- Christmas Caroling is another family friendly event in which diverse groups visit our homebound congregation members. Poinsettias are delivered and Christmas songs are performed. No talent or experience is required
- For Palm Sunday, palms are waved as we process into the Sanctuary. All are invited.
- Our annual Easter Egg Hunt is typically the Saturday before Easter. Children from infants to sixth grade are invited to participate.
- Summer Camps are scheduled during June for our children who have completed their Pre-Kindergarten to Sixth Grades year. The activities are centered on scripture and prayer. Fun typically includes arts and crafts as well as water fun and nature walks.
- VBS (Vacation Bible School) is an enormous, exciting part of our Children’s Ministry! VBS is the second week in July, Sunday through Thursday evenings. It is our mid-year revival to remember our spiritual journey and celebrate our growth. Watch for specifics of dates and opportunities to volunteer and participate.