Click on the links below for fun Bible games.
Children’s Spring and Summer Events
Friday, April 14, 3rd and 4th grade girls meet to bake muffins for our Easter Egg Hunt. 3:00pm- 5:00pm in the Fellowship Hall.
Saturday, April 15th Easter Egg Hunt at 10:30 am Infants- 6th grade
We will meet in the Fellowship Hall for a devotion and directions.
Save the Dates: Focus Camps All camps at FUMC
GRADUATED pre-K 4, Kindergarten, and 1st grade, Wednesday, May 31st 9:00am-2:00pm. $15.
A festival of play and pray! Kinder Fest is a day long adventure for our youngest campers filled with water play, creative arts, outdoor play, games, and songs. Our theme will be “God’s Wonderful Creation”.
Graduated 2nd grade -6th grade
Wednesday, June 7th – Thursday, June 8th, 9:00am-9:00am, overnight event here at the church. $20.
Calling all culinary enthusiasts! Enjoy a day centered on cooking. We will be collecting, baking and creating food masterpieces. There might be a “BIBLE” food cook off to illustrate our amazing culinary skills.
Graduated 2nd grade -6th grade Wednesday, June 14th – Thursday, June 15th, 9:00am-9:00am, overnight event here at the church. $20
Painting, crafting, and creating…Oh, My! Show off your creative abilities that God has gifted you! This day will be centered on creating works of your own, while focusing on the CREATOR.
Graduated 2nd grade -6th grade, Wednesday, June 21st- June 22nd, 9:00am-9:00am, overnight event here at the church $20.
Let’s experience God’s natural world! Spend the day hiking, learning and focusing on the beauty of nature.
Registration will begin March 27th. There are limited spots, so please make sure you call or email Rebecca Dixon to reserve a spot.(615-444-3315 or firstname.lastname@example.org) More information will be given after your reservation.
HERO Central July 9th -13th, 5:15pm-8:15pm.
Children’s Monthly Mission
TWEEN Program for 5th and 6th graders
1st and 3rd Wednesdays, in the Spain House. Bring your favorite snack to share.
Peace and Love,
Confirmation Class of 2016
First United Methodist Church Children’s Ministry’s mission is to help our children grow in their faith in God by providing adult, youth, and peer examples of faith, which will be gained through experiences with the Bible, stories, love, understanding, respect, guidance, and service to others.
We are a Safe Sanctuary, which means we, as a congregation, provide a safe place where children, youth and elders may experience the abiding love of God and fellowship within the community of faith.
- Children are encouraged to participate in worship with their families. The children are called to the front to share with the pastoral staff during the “Children’s Moment”.
- Child care is provided for infants through age 3. Parents are asked to leave a contact number for the nursery to contact in the case of an emergency. The rooms are separated by Infants, Walkers and Talkers.
- Quiet Bags are located in the Narthex (main entrance to sanctuary) for all children. Please return to stands at the conclusion of the service. The Quiet Bags are restocked on occasion as the seasons change.
- Children’s Bulletins are available and are located just inside the main Sanctuary doors. The bulletins relate to the scripture and message for the day.
Child Care is provided for most services. Children are included in church-wide events.
- Acolytes are 4th, 5th, & 6th graders who assist in the worship services. They are Candle Bearers and Cross Bearers. Training is offered several times a year. Call the office at 615-444-3315 for more information.
- Confirmation classes are offered for 6th graders who wish to reconfirm their faith and expand their church community. These classes help to bring the members further on their spiritual journey while teaching some of the history and experience of the church. The confirmands are invited to attend a retreat at Lake Junaluska and complete service hours paying it forward.
- Promotion Sunday is the first Sunday after our public schools begin. Rising 2nd graders receive bibles. The children begin the Sunday School year with their new classes and teachers on Promotion Sunday.
Year Round Fun
- Fall Festival is a family friendly event to enjoy the changing of seasons with games, hayrides, trunk and treat, a not-so-haunted trail with music and storytelling.
- Christmas Caroling is another family friendly event in which diverse groups visit our homebound congregation members. Poinsettias are delivered and Christmas songs are performed. No talent or experience is required.
- The Bible Bowl occurs in February. Our children are led in studying the bible with trivia questions. Teams are divided across the ages and fair play is encouraged.
- For Palm Sunday, palms are waved as we process into the Sanctuary. All are invited.
- Our annual Easter Egg Hunt is typically the Saturday before Easter. Children from infants to sixth grade are invited to participate. One of the best parts of the Easter Egg Hunt is the Butterfly Release. A butterfly’s life journey can be related to that of Jesus’. We cherish the moment of returning the butterflies back to God’s care.
- Summer Camps are scheduled during June for our children who have completed their Pre-Kindergarten to Fifth Grades years. The activities are centered on scripture and prayer. Fun typically includes arts and crafts as well as water fun and nature walks.
- VBS (Vacation Bible School) is an enormous component for the Children’s Ministry. It is our mid-year revival to remember our spiritual journey and celebrate our growth. Watch for specifics of dates and opportunities to volunteer and participate.